My Goal to Read 1 book a week in 2023
Hi everyone, It’s Iona, the designer at Skritter. Working at a company where everyone is not just passionate about learning languages, but learning in general inspired me to set an ambitious New Year’s resolution in 2023. I decided that this would be the year I would tackle my large backlog of books. I’m happy to report that I’m only a few books away from my goal of reading one book a week!
嗨，大家好！我是 Skritter 的設計師 Iona。身在一個主管、同事都非常熱愛學習的公司上班，今年年初我看著買了許久但都沒有閱讀的一堆書，決定要給自己一個 2023 的挑戰，也就是一週讀一本中文書。現在也到年末了，我
How I Achieved My Goal
I created a template that allowed me to fill in a book title a week and stuck it to my bedroom door so that I would see it each day. As Song dynasty poet Ouyang Xiu once said, one can read “on horseback, on the pillow, and on the toilet”. I applied this philosophy and found bits of time throughout the day to read – on the subway, while having dinner, when I was on the toilet…etc. My favorite time was reading just before bed!
My Favorite way to read Chinese books – the Readmoo: MooInk S (Not affiliated)
You might be wondering what I read on. As a “native” netizen (網路原住民), I’m a big reader of digital books. I have a Kindle, Readmoo, Kobo and I’ve used several reading apps. My favorite though, is the Readmoo, and here’s why:
你可能會好奇我是用什麼媒介閱讀。身為一個網路原住民，我用電子閱讀器閱讀。我擁有 Kindle, Readmoo, Kobo 三種閱讀器，也使用過不同平台的電子書App。要我推薦的話，我會推薦Readmoo 給繁中閱讀者，有以下幾個原因讓我對讀墨愛不釋手：
- They were the first to invest in traditional Chinese ebooks in Taiwan and have the largest library of e-books.
- It is the only e-reader that supports horizontal AND vertical reading modes. This is a game-changer for me to have this flexibility.
- Every month they host challenges to encourage reading amongst their users. My highest record has been 10 books in a month!
- Highlights are exportable and reading stats are great.
- As they are focused on digital books, it’s a seamless experience between their e-reader, app, and web version.
- Family sharing is supported. Two adult and two child accounts. You can then “borrow” books from each other.
- 唯一能夠直式、橫式切換閱讀模式的繁中閱讀器。 （對我來說，這件事非常重要，中文書預設直式閱讀，而我習慣橫式。）
Book Recommendation 1
Book Recommendation 2
Book Recommendation 3
Book Recommendation 4
Book Recommendation 5
Why not check out our previous one introducing Chinese children’s books? Learning from Children’s books is a great way to kick off your Mandarin learning journey.